• Announcements

• admin

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS   03/21/2017

I have now removed all files associated with our old forum and the new forum has now been relocated in the root of the OO Garden Railway website. In order to continue visiting the forum you should amend your bookmarks to www.oogardenrailway.co.uk as before.
aussietmrail

Camdale layout

466 posts in this topic

Scroling through what Ive been missing here...

uh, trannies? I must be on the wrong forum again. :D

Your module units look really good. how many more do you need to make before you can run a train?

Early morning Griff,, good to hear from you  all the main modules  and curved track sections are build and cut out except the bridge sections, I have cut out the base and sides of half of the 6foot main span of the bridge, the bridge has a 12foot span and either side of the main bridge towers is another 6foot span, whole bridge is 24feet in length and a 3foot lift out section, modules in its own right, bridge will stand up on its own, 4 massive towers 3 inches at the base.7 and a feet hiegh.

I am also shifting the spiral to in the  car port so I can  gain height to 18 inches clearance to the water line, this way I can build the RORO ship to scale working out to about nearly 400mm's in height from the water line of the ship, at the other end I have enough room for  24foot ramp working out quarter inch a foot 6 inch climb works out 2 percent grade on  12foot radius curve, I am planning a viaduct there, something like Micks viaduct.

Hopping to have a test train running by the end of June, better get moving still have a lot of wiring ahead as well taking up a lot of time.

What are you up to with the plans of your layout.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead

Posted (edited)

Hello Tony!

Actually, you "must" now bury a pond in the garden over which the bridge leads and in which the ship floats. 😉 

For the ship, maybe contact the local ship model builders.

I can imagine that they see the idea of a functioning Ro-Ro rail ferry as a challenge at least as excited as you. You might win friends in a whole new business.

Thomas 

Edited by ThomasI

HELLO Thomas, that is not a bad idea, don't think my wife will agree to that, then we have trouble with cane toads., I am planning to have some tarp down for the water and stick the ship on i with the props wash behind it  good scene indeed be a back scene as well on the house bricks., ship is going to be a water line model, plan to build a remoter control ship as well.

Not sure how I go the actual ship is Chinese built, popular design  RORO ship in Europe twin props, so many changes to the track plan have to draw up a new plan.

How is your layout going.

Hello Tony 

Such very special ships, I don't think they are from China in Europe. 

They will be made in Europe. 

Thomas 

Late evening Thomas, that happens over here as well with the ship building mobs, we have some Naval ships built in Spain the first of the of the class of ship is built in Spain rest built over here, had a support ship built as well need an aircraft carrier.

I am thinking of contacting Finn Lines to see if they can help with some sort of line drawing of the RORO ship, they have a quite a few in their fleet, not sure how I will go  with the 9/11 crap, if have a PDF side plan of the ship and measurements of the three decks and bridge, will have a look on the  PDF file if there is any contact emails

Changing the spiral to the car port make it a lot easier to build and gaining height, need to gain 6 inches from the top of the, car port floor which is on a slope, keeping the track level but  nearly level where the spiral is going, at the other end be a 12foot curve radius curve ramp on a 2 percent grade 24feet in length gaining 6 inches, thinking of hitting in steel pipe posts for the supports and a bracket to screw the deck in place..

Planning a curved arches like Micks arches will look awesome, out of ply sides strengthening the curves sections stopping them from warping,

I am also working on building a metre box for my circular saw screwing it to the work bench so I can cut all the time square cuts with ease any thickness to 45mm, fully adjustable, pics to follow .

This be an easy port to model, can have a container  ship docked on the other side as well, don't want a huge port, love this forum can delete the pics when having to edit the post .

DFDS_increases_RORO_activities_between_Europe_and_the_Baltics_web  a.jpg

Edited by aussietmrail