Camdale layout

aussietmrail

Mick I went to log onto the old site to discover it is now locked, I was going to say that I am now using the new link, bugger, I have saved the new link in my favourites now probably no point in keeping the old link:sad::-?.

What's it like posting pics to the gallery is it different.

I saw on the 6pm news tonight half of London is in lock down they found a WW11 bomb, probably lots more undetected.

Yeah I think the new posting is easier than the old one even have some new smiles.

Sunday is going to be a cooler day, hope so want to set up all the front modules to the spiral will be awesome  site indeed, then the job of painting the modules.

Tony from down under keeping on moving a head

2 hours ago, aussietmrail said:

What's it like posting pics to the gallery is it different?

Yes, as expected, it's different Tony, but it's still pretty easy to understand.

I've added some basic instructions for adding photographs to the gallery along with some screen grabs so you'll know what to expect. I have to say that I believe if you just want to add a photo to a post then it's easy to add it as an attachment but that's your choice.

Thanks Mick will wait till tomorrow night when I take pics of tomorrows event, it will be in the low 30's but it is the humidity that will bump up the temp, wont be doing any actually cutting just setting up the modules, don't even have to bolt the modules together they have four legs, I have the spots marked where to put them, too easy same with the spiral.

Sad to see the old web page to go you have to move on as you once we get used to it be better than the old one, great work Mick, you must be up all hours going through every ones post, do you get any help..

Heaven help us a new era in the US all over now, didn't watch the swearing in will see that on our news tonight probably a special addition news coverage.

Looks like I will have to find myself a new pic in my members photo.

Tony from down under keeping on moving a heard

I just had a go at uploads pics to the new forum gallery, as Mick said a hell a lot easier than the old forum thumbs up, now the fun begins getting the pic files onto the thread, here we go

large_001a.jpg

Pic one is the first stage of the station module complex, stage one only has three front modules stage two will have the other three then I can start modelling Sydney Central station terminus station, wont happen till the end of 2017.

large_003a.jpg

Pic two is half the spiral didn't get enough time to set all the spiral  comes back around onto the pathway in front of the pergola post onto a 6ft S bend radius curve lower level linking up to the back of the layout, grade of the spiral is 1in47 I have being told 2 percent grade.

large_002a.jpg

Pic three is what I use to hold the track on the module join works quite well.

Since my garden layout is a module design I have made it easy in nailing track down soldering bus wires and even actually cutting the track module join at a good height where I don't get a sore back, only time I will be on my knees is bolting the station and approach modules together and they will have wing nuts.

This is only a test as I forgot to name the new pics folder Mick has done well thumbs up 10 out of ten from down under.

I will be busy now adding more pics to the new gallery and good you can access your old gallery too.

Tony keeping on moving a head 9_9:grin:9_9

Tony I am so relieved that you've managed to upload some photos to the gallery - and not only that, you've also got them into your post!  Now all you need to do (which is what you should have done first) is create an album in the 'Garden Railway Construction' category to keep them in. You'll then need to edit each photo and 'move' them to the album you created. That's why it's easier to do the album first. You can create as many albums as you like - you're not limited to one in each category.

On the layout front it all looks to be coming along nicely. In fact it seems to be getting bigger and bigger with each posting. How much of it will not be under cover? - just thinking of sudden downpours and the like. Will it be easy enough to protect from the weather?

• Like 1

Morning Mick is it cold where you are, many thanks I thought I give it a go very easy yeah I saw the new folder create a new album next lot of pics will go into the new folder.

Yes layout is coming along nicely now, over half is in under cover but still open to the weather, I will have to watch the weather and will mostly run my layout in the cooler months of in the low 30's, the station platforms are right on the edge of the pergola can put a tap to keep the weather. The way I have designed the layout I can set up half of the modules and in the middle of the pergola and run a train .

Was over at a friends place and he showed me how to wire up three to four throttles using a 4way rotary switch with three common pins for LEDS, lot of work a head, need to buy the terminal boards what He suggested as the rotary pins wont take a lot of soldering, cheap enough to buy, wish I had the money to go DCC stuck with DC., I be starting off with ten blocks, three to four rotary switches.

What power supply are you using on your layout, when the day comes I will be going Digitrax as they have a Zephyr at the bottom of their range has 20 addresses an, twenty throttles, I will probably never run that many locos at once will probably need a booster, have to con the wife. some how.save all that work.

Hi Mick my last three pics have disappeared in my last post, they are in the gallery.

Sure nice to dream to have a vertical staging yard that is automatic, I put a search for vertical staging yard and came across this one pure awesome hate to think of what it would cost to buy it.

Went over to a friends house on Wednesday for him to show me how to wire  throttles to a rotary switch with working LED indicators, now I have a new project to work on those hot days designing my new control panel,, I will have to work out how many rotary switches I will need in stage one of the bus wiring panel. Going to design the panel so I can add onto it, the signal and point motor switches be on a different panel, enjoy the video clip.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead

Evening Mick, many thanks the pics are back and making the album for me, I miss your weather reports at the end of your reply post or that only show up in your thread.now

I have a new project to start today designing my new control panel going to on going, as my layout grows the control panel ill grow as well,, the panel be too massive if I build it to fit in all the blocks on the track plan be at least 20 blocks, first panel will have ten blocks, wont have an track diagram as such, each rotary switch be block numbers in two lines .Have seen this gone before, use 25 way computer plugs to join each panel together , even the point motor switches be on a different panel that will have a track diagram, be too much wiring on one panel

Want to also wire in a DPDT switch to change direction on each block.as a safety switch.

Tony from down under keeping on moving a head.

Hi Tony! 

If I look at your great pictures I would like to have immediate spring here ... 
... Since I have the first pattern of the slab-track I can hardly wait to continue to build ..
But here is now really winter.
As cold as the icebreaker in the Rhine port must go every morning.

So I must wait. 

But I made use of the time for works on the electrics....

...and I found a way  to integrate overpass tracks and branches into the automatic block system of Lenz Digital ABC only with a simple switch. That problem was really aber headache because I didn't want computer controll with many track detectors etc. 

Lenz ABC is simple: http://www.aandhmodels.co.uk/roco-z21-part12-simple-automation-using-lenz-abc-1244-c.asp

Best regards

Thomas 

Edited by ThomasI

Hello Thomas, many thanks which goes a long way and keeps me pushing a head when I will finely complete my layout will shock everyone on the big event coming in the next few months... Your progress with slab track is coming along well, be interesting on how you tackle the curves slab track.

This is where the hobby starts to get expansive with DCC and automatic   blocks I am stuck with DC for a while .

It is cloudy here not so hot storm predicted for the afternoon I had the sprinkler on in the yard yesterday, yard is looking good, they hot till March into April, humidity is high though, you can send us some ice if you like, cool us down:grin:xD.

5892daa32c1a9_002a.thumb.jpg.109160ac297497c279313b4e3bfb7843.jpg    

My first Indian Pacific loco NR28 loco name Port Augusta a port in South Australia , can't keep up NR28 has a new paint scheme different again to NR18, sadly she didn't keep her loco name .and second pic is of the real train ready to depart for East Perth Terminal WA three day journey back to Sydney via Adelaide, I be modelling East Perth as well. 

5892dbbb9ee8c_30992242a.thumb.jpg.18a6cf4711086a66c9d52cb85adc55de.jpg

The  third pic is of my second Indian Pacific NR18 with a different colour scheme very nice indeed, sadly I can't double head NR28 with NR18 different gearing,, I double head NR84 has the same gearing, one day get another 

NR Class IP colour scheme, will take a pic of the loco tomorrow and add to my Loco folder.

5892dc2c12858_001a.thumb.jpg.48679f0a2cc81dcb060295fc212ac578.jpg

Here is a pic of the real NR18, which is on my desk top very stunning pic , I managed to upload pics to the post takes a while to get used to it

5892cc3e5ad7d_NR18__IP_Stratton_2014a.thumb.jpg.e2775f0cb518c4bad320fd4cf7d32054.jpg

Is pretty awesome old forum adding pics you couldn't type between the pics now you can well done Mick.

Hi Thomas, how long and you hold onto the add-on set with the bar car , as I can't do anything at the moment , just bought a set of hearing adds, have to pay them back. before I buy anything else , the question is what to do with the other set of 4 add-ons,  one idea repaint them into the French TGV postal set and get two more locos.

Will have to check the exchange rate as well, you don't know what the postage, have to make the wife happy.

Layout at a stand still too bloody hot and no releift till next week but managing to do a bit at tea when it has cooled down, front modules are nearly ready for painting, how is your layout progressing.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Having lived in the Outer Hebridies, apart from trying to keep the trains on the rails in the wind, when it's not windy, then you get eaten alive by midges......

That nelevator If IIRC was £1000+ depending on model, I think the 00 gauge one was something like £1200.... ouch

I've long been looking at a home built equivalent, possibly using some sort of rachet system to raise and lower the cassettes.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ThomasI said:

Hallo Tony! 

Take your time.  I got the set as by-catch to other items where I was interested. I've no use for it and I'll store it now... 

Yes with you too hot, with me too cold for further construction... 😉

Best Regards

Thomas

Hi Thomas, many thanks will let you know as soon as we pay back the visa card from paying for the hearing aids, how much postage do you think it would cost to post from Germany to down under??  that will make my Thaly's a 13 car train, is the add-on three or four cars with the Bar car will complete my train, early birthday present.

Yeah it sure has being dam hot Sunday being the worst day peaking 45 degrees in the  sun and 40 degrees in under the pergola, amazing your end of the world too dam cold, I managed to get some work done on the layout yesterday, so I improved the spiral, now 10foot long by7feet wide centre double track, replaced a straight section with a 12ft by 6ft in length quarter curve want to put in  an arch viaduct.

Heating up again this week into the high 30's by the weekend, still was warm yesterday 30 degrees got humid in the afternoon, how are you going with you slab track .

Kind regards as well, Tony from down under.

22 hours ago, roddy said:

Tony, is it true that there are plans to tow Australia to a new site just off the Outer Hebrides? It's much cooler there for you.

Hi Roddy ha, ha 9_9xDO.o be some move, could move down to Tassie in the summer months it is cooler there and move back in winter, win the lotto and have an air-con work shop, yesterday was 30 degrees made the most of it but up in the high 30's by the weekend, there is a problem with midges we get them in winter drives my wife nuts mainly of an afternoon.

Tony from down under