Duke of Gloucester

mick

I've had a Duke of Gloucester on pre-order since the day it was first announced and just before Xmas I received an e-mail to say that a small number had been delivered but that mine would be in the second delivery, expected in early 2014. I wasn't too disappointed because as you all know, I've got nowhere to run anything just yet so I could wait. However, I've since read reports from people who have received their Duke's and seen photos that people have posted of their models and I've decided to change my mind. There's just something about it that doesn't appeal anymore. I've also seen the pics comparing the 'Railroad' version to the more expensive 'enhanced' version and can't see a great deal of difference between the two to justify the additional £30 or so. Looking at the Duke alongside some of the recent Bachmann offerings (Evening Star and Blue Peter to name two) there doesn't seem to be any comparison - even the enhanced version resembles something more akin to the Railroad stable. I'm hoping I don't feel the same when I see better photos and reports of the forthcoming P2 and that this isn't just my personal response to Hornby's 'Design Clever' strategy.