Thumbs up from planning control.

After numerous cups of tea on the garden bench when I have supposed to have been weeding recently, I finally laid a string line along the fence between the honeysuckle and roses. On the other side of the garden, I placed a line of posts. The string and posts represented the approximate track height and position. These have remained without remark for a week or so. Last week I was asked to purchase a few decking boards for a little job in my stepdaughter's garden. I can't magine how I could have miscalculated and bought 6 boards instead of three ( nudge nudge wink wink) but today I collected the surplus and placed them on the posts and across the pergola at the bottom of the garden. When the Planning Officer arrived home, I suggested that the boards and string represented my railway. Not a word, other than " I thought you only wanted to go down one side and come back again". Think again Lady, these things have a habit of growing!

It just so happens that I have enough of the right timber already cut to the correct length (offcuts you understand) to provide the support pieces for the first side of the garden. I suspect that when she disappears tomorrow morning, the ivy will be getting a haircut and construction begin. Time to warm up the camera, and start a new thread for the WWMR. As long as I have got something else done to show her for my day's efforts in the evening, I shall get away with it. No good getting old if you don't get crafty.