Alexander Models LNER Q6 Kit

IanR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I didn't realise that so much time had passed since I did anything with the Q6.

Anyway here's the latest photos, just requires weathering now.

I've tested it and it is a nice smooth runner.

DSCF4501.JPG

DSCF4645 (600 x 450).jpg

DSCF4724 (600 x 450).jpg

Lovely job there Ian and nice to see you've modelled it on one of the locos featured in my 'archives' Photo Gallery. It's going to look great on the K&WR and it's bound to give a great deal more satisfaction than anything purchased RTR. I'd love to have the patience, ability and most of all, eyesight, in order to be able to create something like that.

Just been having a look on this computer to see if I have the original image which may show better detail than the smaller version I uploaded but it looks like I've saved them all elsewhere. Will see if I can locate it later.

Hi Mick,

I used a couple of images of 63450 from the web for reference. One is taken at Burton Salmon and the other near Pontefract Monkhill, your P05069.

63450 was a Selby engine.

Glad you like the model. :)

• 1 month later...

Stunning Ian and as I've said before, it must give immense satisfaction knowing that you've built it yourself rather than purchased it in RTR form. The weathering's really nice and it looks terrific at the head of the mineral wagons. It's also nice to see something on track during this rather soggy spell we're having at the moment.

So....now you've completed that one, what's next?

ba14eagle said:

Do you undertake comissions, Ian? Ive got my feelers out on someone to build me a coach - Ive had some outrageous quotes so far!!

Not something I've done before Iain. Building stuff yourself and doing it for others is a bit different.

Not sure if I'd have the confidence!

What coach is it?