Ideas wanted! Z Gauge

I've just placed a bid for a glass-topped coffee table, and I'm going to put a Z Gauge model inside it. I'm currently awaiting the interior dimensions (it has a slide out drawer the full width and depth of the table) so I can work out the plan.....

What should I model? I know I want a double continuous loop, probably a multi-level convoluted spaghetti lol...

For those not familiar with Z, there is no UK outline stuff available, so it'll be Euro. Flexitrack is available from Peco, but they don't do points, so i'm trying to find out if it's compatible with Marklin's track system. If not, then it'll be marklin fixed track all the way.

:)

george356 said:

This might be of interest to you

Very interesting.......

This is my first foray into Z, and I was thinking about doing a forced perspective cityscape (all illuminated of course) to the back half / quarter - i've never seen it done before even on a N or OO layout of any real size....

I've got 36" x 17" to play with, so i'm going to do a double track loop of some description, and a single station, which for operational interest will be four platform, two of which will be passing loops for the main track. I'm going to use Marklin electric points so once in place i can control everything from outside the layout, especially if i do go with a city getting my hand in to flick a lever might be a bit tricky. I'm also wondering if Marklin track is the same code as Peco, since Peco do 22" flexitrack in Z, and it's a damn sight cheaper than buying lots of static Marklin....