And people call us mad for using OO in the garden...

Well you know me. I have some.... interesting ideas. But to be fair, they're always backed up with the practicalities on how to do it, and as we are proving on jaybee's railway, they work.

As I am moving all my rabbit cages up off the garden onto the patio area, i am left with a nice 30' x 12' square of garden.... since the kind of garden railway i want to do would be permanent, and as we rent here i'm not about to spend the money on making a permanent one here, i got to thinking....

.....and here's the crazy bit.....

....it's worth the wait, keep reading....

....honestly....

....since it would have to be dead flat and only on wood to be sure of this,and therefore easily removable....

....N gauge. There. I said it. N gauge. In the garden. :shock:

Let the uproar begin :D

Providing you have easy access for cleaning and maintenance of the trackbed, why not :?::) The advantages of the space you can utilise would be really beneficial - especially if you are planning some nice, long, modern, block freight trains.

Why not it worked for Bert Groves in the 1970's so why not now. I think you would only be able to operate on very still days, ie no wind at all as N gauge stock is very light. However you won't know of any problems till you get outdoors and 'ave a go'

Roy.

• 11 months later...

Hello there, I model N gauge indoors, and I'm about to go outside in OO.

I'd say do it! It would look terrific! If you need and southern bits and bobs n gauge forum a chaps made class 456 can ends to convert old class 150's I'm in the chopping process ( well soon as I'm discharged )

I'd love N in the garden :)

• 1 year later...