Whinny Hill

• 1 month later...

At last I've managed to get some more track laid. Things have been on hold lately due to the weather and the fact my other half worked out that if I had all that spare time to work on my model railway, I would have time to decorate the house. Not sure if I'll get much more done this year now,so things may be delayed until the spring. Will post some more pictures once I have a minute. ;)

Good to hear you're still working on it Bill. In fact it's good to hear from you! I've not known a summer be such a washout but perhaps it's just more noticeable when your activities require the weather to be settled. Anyway, I can't see next year being any worse so hopefully we'll see more of you then (once you've finished all that decorating!)

Rossi said:

Bill,

am I right in seeing an extension piece from your last part?

Good on you.

Bet you get some whipper snappers leaning over that fence "can I have a go mister?"

And some maybe not so young.

The extension piece is where I plan to have my station, with a loop at the bottom end to turn everything around again, that's the plan for now anyway.

There are a couple of whipper snappers that live over the fence :lol: and the wee laddie is train daft and yes he has had a shot and absolutely loves it. lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've had a number of train coaches of various types and colours handed to me by the staff on the sites. Nearly had a load of old locos and carriages still in their boxes from someone cleaning out his fathers loft until a member of the public who saw them told the chap he could make a fortune by placing them on e-bay, so he took them away with him again. Apart from that just bits of wood and fence posts for my layout.

The sun came out again here today after all that snow yesterday, so managed to get some posts cut and have them soaking in the wood preserver ready for next stage of my layout. I can't wait to get started again after a long winter and that very wet summer last year. Spring is coming fingers crossed lol :lol:

• 1 month later...

I thought you said Spring was coming!!

Isn't it a bummer when the majority of the posts on the forum are weather related? We could really do with a few weeks of settled weather but I honestly can't recall the last time we had that - it seems like the rotten stuff has been going on forever. Fingers crossed that we can all make some headway before the idea of a garden railway goes out of the window altogether.

• 3 weeks later...
IanR said:

Good work Bill and what a well manicured lawn! ;)

traingeekboy said:

Perhaps a single hole golf course is needed. ;)

A set of snooker balls wouldn't be out of place there! This has got to be the neatest garden railway I've seen. Cracking job Bill (but there are a couple of weeds growing out of the base of the wall opposite the new extension....) ;)