Bachmann 2012/2013 Programme

mick

Announced a week or so ago now, does anyone have any thoughts on the planned introductions to the Bachmann range for 2012/2013?

As a Bachmann Club Member I received my free Bachmann catalogue through the post the other day. In fact it took me something by surprise as I'd almost forgotten about it being part of the Bachmann club member benefits. It's a fantastic catalogue and if ever a catalogue was designed to get you to part with your money, this has to be it. There's an astonishing array of goodies inside.

On the 'new' front I'm looking forward to the class 101 DMU as I'm getting quite fond of the old multiple units and the Hornby version isn't really up to the high standards we've come to expect these days. There's also going to be a Bachmann 4F to challenge the current Hornby version.

Iain (ba14eagle) mentions in his personal journal, a trip on the West Somerset Railway and his ride behind a S&D 7F. Bachmann are to release a special version of the West Somerset Railway 7F No. 88 in SDJR Blue livery to celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the formation of the Somerset & Dorset Railway. The loco is also to be released in BR Black as 53808.

Other items of interest include the D11/2 Director Class loco, the Robinson J11 and an L&YR 2-4-2 tank loco.

The new Bachmann catalogue has a RRP of £6.50 which considering the quality is very good value. Better still, I do highly recommend that you consider becoming a Bachmann Collectors club member. Membership might at first appear expensive at (currently) £25 per annum but you do receive a free collectors wagon, free calendar, free catalogue, special members only offers, and of course not forgetting the exceptional quarterly club member magazine.

The Bachmann Europe plc website has full details of all new and forthcoming releases